NextFIREARMS SAFETY COURSEis on4thMarch2018

To book your place click below


QMRCOnline Registration for students looking to do aFirearms Safety Course inCategory A, B, C, D, H, M

Full Course cost for Cat A - B is$95.00

10618NAT - Course in Firearms Safety

RTO Number 5994

From the 1st of Jan 2018 ALL STUDENTS MUST HAVE A USI number

For more infrmation please clickhttps://www.usi.gov.au/

What is on this week:

32. Digger Dash (4)


DUE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS

THIS WEEKEND RIFLE & PISTOL EVENTS ARE CANCELLED



News:

Minister for Police and Minister for Corrective Services
The Honourable Mark Ryan


Gun theft at its lowest in four years

Gun theft in Queensland is at its lowest in four years, as the Palaszczuk Government continues to provide the resources that police need to crack down on illegal gun possession and stealing.

Queensland Police Service (QPS) statistics show the number of firearms stolen decreased to 581 in 2017, compared to 777 in 2016, 614 in 2015 and 627 in 2014.

Police Minister Mark Ryan said despite this decline, police had not lessened their efforts to crack down on gun thefts.

“These statistics illustrate the hard work of our men and women in blue,” he said.

“The QPS has a dedicated firearms investigation unit which exists within State Crime Command and they have undertaken a number of proactive and reactive strategies in response to the illegal firearm trade.

“The Palaszczuk Government is committed to providing police with the resources they need, highlighted by the record $2.34 billion police budget handed down for the 2017-18 financial year.

“Our Government also regularly meets with stakeholders of the firearms industry at the Firearms Advisory Forum.

“The Palaszczuk Government encourages anyone with information about the illegal possession of firearms to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.”

Some examples of QPS proactive and reactive strategies in response to the illegal firearm trade include:

  • Operating in a number of overt and covert operational environments targeting the threat of firearm-related violence and the trafficking of firearms;
  • Working in collaboration with partner state and federal law enforcement agencies to identify persons involved in the unlawful possession and manufacture of firearms;
  • Campaigning and raising awareness to licensed firearms holders about their obligations to maintain appropriate firearms security strategies; and
  • Engaging with credible shooting associations, such as the Sporting Shooters Association of Australia (SSAA) and chairs a Firearms Advisory Group, comprising multiple community interest groups, addressing identified firearms related-issues.

The QPS strongly encourages all firearms holders to maintain appropriate firearms security in compliance with their legislative obligations.

The QPS is the current secretariat of the national Operation Athena taskforce, which is primarily focused towards targeting and removing the threat of illegal firearms. This taskforce has representation from both state and federal law enforcement agencies, intelligence agencies, as well as international signatory stakeholder countries.


*****************************************************

Shot boy Cameron Calvisi's father and grandfather face weapons charges

Police have charged the father and grandfather of a five-year-old boy who wasaccidentally shot in the faceon his family's southern Queensland farm in January.

8dcec9e9be6b1e2b286b1104171050a48b36f28f


Cameron Calvisi wasat the Cottonvale property,near Stanthorpe just north of the Queensland-New South Wales border, about 4.30pm on January 2, when a.22 rifle was unintentionally discharged and the bullet lodged in the jaw of the young boy.

He was airlifted toLady Cilento Children’s Hospital in a critical condition, placed in an induced coma and underwent emergency surgery to remove the bullet from his face.

The five-year-old boy was reportedly released from hospital at the end of last month.

On Monday evening, police announced the boy's 29-year-old father, Robert Calvisi, had been charged with one count of unlawful possession of a weapon and his 63-year-old grandfather, Tony Calvisi, had beencharged with one count of failing to secure a weapon.

Tony Calvisi hadspoken of his anguish at the shooting, saying he had been out hunting pests on the family's 20-hectare Cottonvale hobby farm and left his gun in his ute instead of putting it away properly.

46b738a0f9f9017a5ad54d5cb4e01847cdecb504


It took “only a few minutes” for Cameron's 12-year-old to get hold of what Mr Calvisi maintained was an unloaded firearm.

“He played with something he shouldn’t have played with,” he said, of the "tragic accident.

“They were in the old main shed. The gun was stored in an area where he shouldn’t have touched it.

“He’s old enough and been told never to touch anything but I don’t know why he even went there.”

Tony said he usually kept the gun in a safe but a storm sent him inside the shed.

Both men are due to appear in the Warwick Magistrates Court on March 28.


TAKEN FROMhttps://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/shot-boy-cameron-calvisi-s-father-and-grandfather-face-weapons-charges-20180219-p4z0wi.html


*****************************************************








QMRC Logo - TEST 2